Whether the project is a road, a building or other type, and regardless of scope or magnitude, Owners expect their general contractor to deliver quality work at competitive rate with minimal changes or compromises to protect the budget and time. In addition, Owners expect smooth construction process, orderly occupancy/take over, and post completion support.
Our executives (Owners of APCO/ArCon) directly run the company’s daily business and all facets of our project starting with document review, direct interface with subcontractors, suppliers, price evaluations and awards. Having detailed understanding of each project, our management exercises tight control over the construction process by being intimately involved with field personnel, ubcontractors, consultants and the Client. Our “hands on management style” assures quality is attained, safety is implemented, cost kept under control and schedule is realized. Our minimal corporate hierarchy allows for immediate action and quick decision making, this feature provides efficient problem solving that facilitates and accelerates the work. “We are easily accessible and always available”. Our management capacity is enhanced by our ability to self-perform essential in-house engineering services and by self-performing critical construction activities with our equipment and in-house skilled manpower. Our strategy is designed to meet each expectation via distinct phases of services:
Our bidding objective is to submit a winning proposal not a winning number by preparing clear, unambiguous proposal comprised of two parts, “technical” and cost developed specialized teams to assure Owners of our capability and transparency and be basis to grow future relationship with our clients.
- Detailed review of bidding documents to understand full scope and requirements.
- Assess and investigate actual field conditions.
- Invited only reputable and experienced trade subcontractors.
- Solicit pricing from specified and non-specified suppliers/manufactures for comparison and possible saving
- Develop a comprehensive in-house “Bill of Quantities” for each trade to ensure every item specified is included.
- Conduct constructability review and value Engineering options via voluntary deductive alternates.
- Develop bid document inquiries and RFI’s in close cooperation with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Develop preliminary planning and scheduling of construction stages in concert with subcontractors considering required permitting as well as materials, equipment and procurements requiring longlead.
- Finalize bid proposal by submitting competitive, balanced pricing along with implementation plan.
- Submit final proposal addressing technical aspects of the project to include plans for subcontracting, implementation, key personnel, scheduling and material/equipment sourcing.