Whether the project is a road, a building or other type, and regardless of scope or magnitude, Owners expect their general contractor to deliver quality work at competitive rate with minimal changes or compromises to protect the budget and time. In addition, Owners expect smooth construction process, orderly occupancy/take over, and post completion support.
Our executives (Owners of APCO/ArCon) directly run the company’s daily business and all facets of our project starting with document review, direct interface with subcontractors, suppliers, price evaluations and awards. Having detailed understanding of each project, our management exercises tight control over the construction process by being intimately involved with field personnel, ubcontractors, consultants and the Client. Our “hands on management style” assures quality is attained, safety is implemented, cost kept under control and schedule is realized. Our minimal corporate hierarchy allows for immediate action and quick decision making, this feature provides efficient problem solving that facilitates and accelerates the work. “We are easily accessible and always available”. Our management capacity is enhanced by our ability to self-perform essential in-house engineering services and by self-performing critical construction activities with our equipment and in-house skilled manpower. Our strategy is designed to meet each expectation via distinct phases of services:
- Reduce owner’s soft costs (architectural and engineering fees, studies, surveys).
- Eliminate owner’s exposure to change orders.
- Single point, total project management provides a centralized, seamless control from start to finish.
- Significantly reduce the owner’s risk and exposure.
- Ready to assist in Architect and Engineer selection.
- Provide one contact for both management and construction.
- Provide commitment the owner will receive a project that is both on time and under budget.
- Identify “up front” fees and general conditions costs.
- Minimize surprises; Let participants work with known quantities.
- Unite project team; unify participants toward common goals.
- Stretch the value for each project dollar.
- Assist Architect or Engineer ( Consultant) in refinement of construction documents to produce higher accuracy in bid package estimates.
- Provide ongoing systems analysis to ensure continuing optimum value.
- Assist architect/engineer project programming and scope development to ensure that owner’s needs and requirements are being met.
- Prepare budget estimates at Schematic Design, Development, and Construction Document Phases.
- Bid packaging/bid assessment and qualifying.
- Evaultion bid/negotiation rewarding contract.
- Assist architect/engineer in obtaining code officials/ utilities/ authorities review and approval.
- Manage schematic design, design development, and construction document phases.
- Perform “Value Added” analysis throughout the project development to include constructibility and value
- Conduct meetings with code officials/utilities/ authorities prior to the start of construction to ensure that all requirements will be met.
Identification of long lead time materials.
- Manage the day to day logistics and problem solving that a project under construction can bring.
- Provide on-site supervision and staffing throughout the closeout period.
- The only conduct to manage and distribute all necessary documents to the owner and stake holders.
- Ensure code officials/ utilities/authorities requirements are met.
- Manage and review all preconstruction plan and programs.
- Develop and maintain construction schedules.
- Review with the Owner/Architect monthly progress reports.
- Conduct equipment and system startup.
- Provide a zero punch list project.
- Evaluate and compile monthly billings from contractor/or subcontractors for distribution to the owner.
- Constantly monitor site safety as is relates to the general public, working staff, and construction staff.
- Enforce site cleanliness throughout construction.
- Manage all required testing and inspections and inforced for implementing QC/QA program.
- Manage all construction submittals (shop drawings/materials/product data).
- Manage project close-out documents.